Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008: More sketchbook

Okay, back to the naked people again. BTW, I went to Hipbone Studio on Wednesday last and drew for three hours from a live model. Her name was Mila and she was a terrific model. She had wide cheekbones and a lovely prominent nose and lips that gave her a very exotic (to my whitebread mind) appeal. Perhaps she was Latin-American. In any event, her body was very athletic and lithe and she struck all sorts of poses that were challenging, to say the least. I'm not so pleased with the drawings I made of her, so I'll post none of them here, but it was great to get back into it again. See my regular blog ("Notes of a Consummate Dabbler" for more on Hipbone.)
Here are the naked people:


From a photo of a sculpture:
From Body Worlds 3 exhibit at OMSI:
From an art book (some famous artist whose name escapes me):


From a photo of a sculpture:


Ditto:




Ditto:





Ditto, but from my hero, Aristide Maillol:


Farewell, or as the French say, Au Revoir!
JBF

No comments: